Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Vacation, ya heard?



I don't know what has gotten into me lately, but everything bugs. Work bugs, Utah bugs, this weather bugs. I don't know if I have too much time on my hands lately or if I'm slowly starting to whither away from boredom and the monotony of my life, but all I can say, is that I need a vacation. And I need more than a long weekend. I need a solid two weeks away from the office and out of the mountains.

Sometimes I daydream about not having to live within the restrictions of my full time job and responsibilities and wishes that I could just "up and leave," on a whim. I also wonder what ever happened to that trust fund my parents should have started for me 30 years ago? Thanks parents! :)

It's been a little over a year since I've taken a real vacation. Last year I was lucky to have gone Costa Rica with some of my good friends. This year I have several small trips lined up and won't have the time to take a full, solid vacation. I'm headed to NYC at the end of this month, then headed to upstate NY for a majority of October for weddings. Then, even though it's for work, I am headed to San Fransisco. Which by the way, is one of my favorite city's. I know, life is rough isn't it?

I can't help it, I'm antsy. I want to see things I've never seen before, eat food I've never eaten before, meet new people, and be engulfed by a different culutre. No offense Utahns, but things can get pretty boring around here!

No comments:

Post a Comment