Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Dirty 30 May Not Be So Dirty....

Okay so here I am, again, writing about turning 30. Maybe subconsciously I'm trying to tell myself to pull my shit together a little bit because part of me may feel like I sold myself short these past 10 years. I'm not saying that things were bad. I graduated Magna Cum Laude at the age of 21, moved to a different state, lost a parent (this is may not be an "accomplishment" per say, but a feeling, a loss, that we all go through at one point or another. So yes, it's been done). In 10 years I've worked two "grown up" jobs. Managed to enter myself into a sales position and work three different positions within the same company. So what's next you ask?? I have some ideas:

1. Get a Master's Degree
2. Medical Mission Work
3. Backpack through Europe
3. Change Jobs
4. Make Fitness and Health a Main Priority
5. Move States

These all seem pretty quantitative right? The qualitative aspects will hopefully develop from the experiences I have from doing each of these things (minus the numbers to prove my little theory" here:) )

"What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals."

1. Learn to let go more gracefully
2. Love more wisely
3. Drink with class
4. Take chances with reservation
5. Embrace Pain, Embrace Love
6. Learn to Relax and Just Breathe
7. Sleep!

-Mind you, I stated that these are "ideas" in the moment of now. Maybe in 2 or 3 years these "ideas" will be established and maybe they will be changeable. And maybe in 2 to 3 years, with growth in the mind and soul, new "ideas" will have risen.

1 comment: